In 1807, the community of Shiloh was known as “Three Springs” because there were three abundant springs at the foot of a hill where church camp meetings were held. This assembly inspired construction of the log Shiloh Meeting House, which is where Shiloh and Shiloh Valley names originated. Shiloh was officially organized as a village in 1905.

Miners and farmers settled the area; most were immigrants who valued education so, fittingly, Shiloh had the first one-room schoolhouse and the first library in St. Clair County.

Today, people who live and work in the Village of Shiloh continue to enjoy the beautiful valleys that attracted the first settlers. They know the simple pleasures of small-town life, but at the same time, they enjoy all the benefits of a thriving metropolis. A community of nearly 13,000 people, Shiloh offers a number of educational, dining, shopping and recreational activities. These include community dances, sporting events, numerous restaurants, shops, golf courses and an annual picnic. Shiloh is the place to be—a place you can call home.